Saturday 20 June 2015

Lets-Chat : Weekly update #5


Lets-chat





Here is my weekly update for GSoC project under +Tong Hui and +Mario Behling 





Issue #8 : Key generation for group OTR chat [1] 




  • Implemented the fingerprint of key using SHA-1 

  • Implemented the fingerprint of key using SHA-256

  • Implemented the fingerprints thus generated as 4 digit hex format

  • I will be pushing the fingerprints as 8-digit hex format in my next commit

  • Figured out that use of regex, instead of the loop I am using would be better as seen in TODO in my this week's commit 

  • Initially I was using nested loops to implement 4 digit hex format which I reduced to a loop for reducing complexity

  • Output is attached at [1]  as well as below for quick reference









Issue #19 Cannot create and enter in room [2]



  • +Tong Hui raised this bug , it was because of my commits that I pushed for Issue #17 generated by me

  • Fixed this bug

  • Closed Issue #19


Issue #17  [3]


  • I raised this issue as I felt it would be better for users to have password protected rooms by default

  • I pushed changed for this issue, but somehow it is giving a bug raised in Issue #19 at the moment



Issue #16 [4]


  • I raised this issue earlier, I tested it, worked fine

  •  +Tong Hui tested it as well and we have closed this one :)



I plan to work on Issue #15 [5] , I have already pushed some work :) and as suggested by my mentor +Tong Hui 





1 comment:

Enter your text here .....