Friday 29 May 2015

FOSSASIA : Week #2



Lets- chat



The coding period started on 25th May, 2015. 



Here is my weekly update :




  •  I got write access for blug chat, thanks to my awesome mentor +Tong Hui  I will be pushing directly now instead of pull request. 

  • I went through cryptocat as it has a OTR encrypted chat to provide an idea of how OTR works with chat application

  •  I tried improving the message part of blug in free time, and it seems initially that the message ID {{id}} that can be seen at app/core/messages.js , changes when the user logs off, so that can be used to display the online/offline status. However, later I realised it is dynamic in nature. Hence it would be better to have the status based on attribute such as time ( app/core/message.js ) {{posted}} 

  • I went through the issues related to 1:1 chat implement in xmpp and otr encryption in xmpp in lets-chat. [1]

  • Tong raised a few issues on blug-chat which are assigned to me and +苟颖琦 . I pushed some changes to contribute to the issue

  • On clicking on OTR messaging otr.html opens which is where OTR encryption could be tested 

  • I pushed a few javascript libraries as well meanwhile, which could help with the encrypted chats

  • SeedGeneration could provide assistance for the generation of seeds required to obtain fingerprints in random.js

  • As per my mentor's suggestion, I made a branch for my contributions : heenamahour/gsoc which is where I will be pushing the code from now on-wards

  • Also, I am trying to deploy lets chat at heroku at [2] . It works fine now. 




Looking forward to the key generation issue, lets hope I am able to resolve it :)





[3] my future contributions should be at branch heenamahour/gsoc instead of master : https://github.com/beijinglug/lets-chat/tree/heenamahour/gsoc

[4] Visit tonghuix.asia for getting in touch with the OTR encryption team :) 


I was a little bit occupied due to final year exams, practicals and other activities. I hope to be more active from next week on-wards. 


Happy summers !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your text here .....